Why Remodel Your Kitchen?
Kitchen makeovers are among the most popular home renovation projects today. Maybe your kitchen lacks adequate storage space, needs more light, is too small, is in need of repair or is just out of date. Whatever your reason, a kitchen remodel will make a huge impact on the look, feel, and value of your home and will provide you and your family with years of enjoyment.
There are many reasons why homeowners decide to explore a new kitchen remodel.
Your kitchen may be out-of-style
Your kitchen may not function well
You may not have enough storage space
The lighting may be inadequate
There simply may not be enough space
Something may be broken or need repair
You may be thinking about resale
Preparing for your Remodel
If you're like most homeowners considering a renovation project, you're probably feeling a little overwhelmed. Here are a few things to consider as you get started.
- Begin gathering ideas for your kitchen through internet research, magazines, etc. This is a great way to explore the options available to you and to have something to discuss with your project manager or contractor. You will be much better equipped to make a lot of the design decisions.
- Remodeling your kitchen is a big deal and who you choose to work with is probably one of the most important decisions you will make. It requires a detailed process, so working with someone who is experienced is critical. Make sure they are considering your needs and concerns, taste and style, and budget.
Budgeting for Your Kitchen
As you can imagine, kitchen remodels can vary greatly in budget due to the variety of options and choices available to you. Some of the influences that can affect your kitchen remodeling budget include:
- The existing conditions of your space.
- The products/finishes that are selected.
- Whether the entire room is being remodeled or just certain components are being updated.
- Staying within the existing footprint of the room, reconfiguring space, expanding into another area of the home or even adding on to your home.
Once these factors are discussed with your designer, an initial budget range can be determined. There are two ways to budget for your remodel. One is to design to a specific budget. In this case, you make product and design selections based on your predetermined budget. The other option is to design the project and "it costs what it costs". In this case you would do the design and product selections to your taste and then determine the project investment from there. At Star Builders & Remodeling, we are happy to work however you are most comfortable. With so many options out there, we can offer great solutions and ideas no matter your project budget.
Taking the First Step
Ready to get started on your kitchen remodel? The first step is a complimentary consultation and free estimate with our contractor/project manager. Scheduling this meeting is a great way to further explore preliminary ideas for your kitchen. There may be options available to you that you hadn't even considered. At the initial consultation where we will visit with you at your home you will:
- Take a tour of your home to get a feel for your style and the overall flow of your home
- Review your goals for the project
- Discuss initial design ideas and concepts
- Learn a little more about Star Builders & Remodeling
- Discuss project budgeting and timelines
- Decide if Star Builders & Remodeling is the right choice for you
Your Next Step:
Why Remodel your Bathroom?
The possibilities are endless when it comes to your bathroom remodel. Whether it's a powder room, hall bath or master bathroom, a bath remodel is a great place to show off your individual style and personality.
There are many reasons why homeowners decide to explore a new bath remodel.
- Your bathroom may be out-of-date
- Your bathroom may not function well
- You may not have enough storage space
- You may not have ample lighting
- There simply may not be enough space
- Something may be broken or need repair
- You may be thinking about resale
Preparing for your Remodel
If you're like many homeowners contemplating a bath remodel, you know you're ready for a new bath but not exactly sure where to begin. There are a lot of possibilities in terms of who to work with on your project. It could be a plumber, bath showroom, big box store, or a contractor. The important thing to remember when selecting who to work with is to base your decision on the scope of work itself. If you already know exactly what you're looking for in terms of products, design, color, etc., a plumber may be all you need. But if you are looking to reconfigure the layout of the room, or need help with design ideas, a full-service contractor may be the better option. The benefit of working with a full-service contractor like Star Builders & Remodeling is that the design and construction is all under one roof.
An experienced company will help guide you in your design decisions. Once you feel good about your material and product selections a project manager will be assigned to you to oversee the construction of your project. This helps ensure a seamless process from start to finish.
Don't worry if you don't have all of the answers before starting your project. A great remodeler will help simplify all of the options for you and guide you toward all of those answers.
Budgeting for Your Bath Remodel
No two bath remodels are alike. And there are many variables that will play into the cost of your project. Things such as the existing conditions of the space or the products you choose can have a major impact on the cost of the project. There are two ways to budget for a project. The first is to design to a specific budget. You first determine what your budget is going to be and then base your product selections on that budget. The second way is to design the project and assume "it costs what it costs". You may want to make this the room you've always been dreaming about and this would allow you to do that! Either way works. It's all a matter of what you're most comfortable and allows you to meet your goals.